Sunday, June 10, 2012

There and Back Again

I used to write a videogame blog, but then I took an arrow... Hey, wait a minute!  I said the exact same thing all the way back in December in my last post.  And that wasn't even a proper post.  For the last post where I dedicated longer than two minutes to write, you'd have to go back to October for the lonely first part of my post-New York Comic Con experience (which still needs its second part).

So... what happened?  Last time I blamed Skyrim as being the only game I played for an extended period of time and various other obligations.  So what's my excuse now?  Well, I continued to play Skyrim and according to Steam I logged almost 150 hours into that game and I never finished the main quest line (which I still intend to do, someday).  I've played things other than Skyrim, though not nearly to that extent.  I starting working on a project in January that has nothing to do with video games, so that takes up some more free time.  I've also began some sewing projects, one of which is an attempt to make a Max plush (of Sam and Max fame).  So far I'm perfecting the head and I'm altering the pattern until it looks just right.

When I put more time into other projects, this blog was pushed to the back of my mind.  What honestly felt like weeks since my last update quickly turned into months.  Now is the time to change that.  I'm going to try to set myself into a regular posting schedule instead of "whenever I feel like it," as that strategy obviously didn't work. 

My current plan is to start slowly with one post per week on Sundays.  If I can stick to that schedule, hopefully I can get up to two posts per week.  I have to start somewhere (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment