Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tweet20 - July 2011

Tweet20 # 16 - Nope, nothing's going on between these two. NOTHING!
For this post I'm going to start something new that I'll (hopefully) stick with for the duration of this blog.  Following the format of last month's Recent Developments in 140 Characters or Less, I'm going to start an end-of-month of random thoughts and things I want to comment on, but don't want to devote to an entire post.  So here's the first edition of APU's Tweet20 after the jump.


  1. My Backlog: keeps growing, thanks to Steam and recently acquiring a PS3.  I'm afraid to look at older games I have and find ones I've never played.
  2. Club Nintendo: So for earning 600 coins and reaching Platinum I get... pins?  Japan always gets the better rewards.  At least I have my Kirby patches.
  3. Pop Cap: Went with the lesser of two evils by going with EA instead of Zynga, just as long as there isn't a yearly $50 sequel to Plants vs. Zombies.
  4. Speaking of EA: Trying to compete with Steam with Origin client, but the fact that your game license expires if you don't use it in 2 years is a turn-off.
  5. Penny Arcade: I don't know, I really just don't find it very funny anymore.  And yet it's still the most popular gaming comic. 
  6. Mega Man: The recent cancellation of both Universe and Legends makes me wonder if Capcom is trying to bury the series following the exit of Inafune.
  7. Humble Bundle 3: Pay what you want for five indie games with proceeds to charity. Worth it for VVVVVV alone. Even bought it after recently buying 2 of the 5.
  8. Speaking of VVVVVV: Still need that one last shiny trinket (if you played you should be able to guess).  Also need to fool around with new level editor. 
  9. Speaking of Indie Games: Fooled around with Minecraft, got bored in five minutes.  Is there something I'm missing here? 
  10. 3DS: Even Zelda can't save it. Dropping to $170. Nintendo trying to appease current owners with free games. How about some NEW games?
  11. Speaking of Zelda: The series is having its 25th Anniversary this year. Since all Mario got was a disc emulating an SNES collection, can't hope for much.
  12. And that other series: Metroid will be having a 25th Anniversary as well, but I'm doubtful that there will even be a mention by Nintendo. HD Super Metroid Remake?
  13. Bioshock Infinite: Would probably appeal to me if the main female character's boobs weren't spilling out. This is how you don't appeal to female gamers.
  14. BIT.TRIP RUNNER: Still stuck on 1-11 Odyssey after several weeks. Occasionally I go back to try again just to fail some more.
  15. Assassin's Creed II: Still making my way through the game, now easier to control thanks to my spiffy new controller for my PC.  Why do I enjoy killing people so?
  16. Disturbing AC2 Fangirls/boys: Why do they find the need to pair Ezio and Leo together?  Friendship?  Yes.  Sexual relationship? No way, despite what Deviant Art tells me.
  17. And speaking of Ubisoft:  They're trying the "always-on" internet DRM in new titles, claiming it to be a "success."  People will crack it anyway, so why bother?
  18. Toy Story Little Big Planet DLC: Makes me want to go out and buy LBP2 just because the costumes are so adorable.  But wait, I have so many other things to play!
  19. Otakon: Going on right now.  Maybe next year will I get to see people all dressed up as anime characters I don't recognize.
  20. A Possibility: Me going to New York Comic Con.  Nothing like San Diego's, but nonetheless still a convention about comics. AND on the East Coast.

2 comments:

  1. I too am miffed about the Club Nintendo reward. It's not likely I'll get anywhere near platinum status ever again (I had to go through every Nintendo purchase my family has made to date just to qualify this year), so it's disappointing.

    Also, my backlog is crazy too. I still have games I've never even opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gram

    Yeah, I did the same thing and went through all of the Nintendo games I purchased since the program's launch. (That also involved opening sealed games just to get the codes out.) And I thought last year's statue was pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete