Friday, January 18, 2013

Now Playing: January 18th

"Now Playing" is a post scheduled for the first and third Friday of every month. Here I'll give an update on what I'm currently playing. Just because I'm playing it now doesn't necessarily mean that it has been recently released.

One of the few opportunities to take a screenshot in Super Hexagon





Terry Cavanagh is an evil, evil man.  And I love him.  The man behind the likes of Don't Look Back and VVVVVV has done it again with Super Hexagon.  Despite the fact that a single "life" in the game can last just mere seconds, I find myself playing it and losing track of time as I die over and over and over again.  Congratulations to Mr. Cavanagh for creating yet another game where I can lose a hundred times in a short amount of play time and still itch to give the level "just one more go."  (And the music is awesome!)

I also played through the first episode of The Walking Dead Telltale Games series.  I was surprised that unlike other adventure games from Telltale, much more focus was placed on the storyline and the decisions the main character needs to make rather than solving puzzles that are traditional of the genre.  I feel like this decision worked better for the source material, and I'm curious to see how decisions I made in the first episode will affect the remaining four.  (Which would also warrant at least another playthrough.)

No comments:

Post a Comment